The project consists of several elements:
- Mapping and collection of all the video/film/media art that is produced in Norway since the mid-1960s.
- Development of a solid database tool (DAM), built on open technology standards.
- Creation of a user-friendly interface for the database.
- Digitization of older physical formats to uncompressed digital files.
- Management of secure user/access levels to the database.
- Archiving old cassettes and playback equipment.
- Research and solid foundation to academic standards.
- Communication with both professionals and the general public.
The project will satisfy the highest artistic, archival, practical and technical requirements and will follow international and open standards.
PO Box 2181 Grünerløkka
0505 Oslo, Norway
Phone: +47 4795 5376
Mobile: +47 9306 9406
Olaf Ryes plass 2
0552 Oslo, Norway
Ida Lykken Ghosh
Marit Paasche (research)
Ivar Smedstad (older techniques)
Anne Marthe Dyvi (communication)
Arts Council Norway:
Tom Klev, Birgit Bærøe